Thursday, January 14, 2010

Internship #4

Please refer back to the past two blogs. Can you answer all of the questions? If yes, that's great! If not, then use the first part of this blog entry to tie together any loose ends.
Okay, now that you have done that, please complete the following:

Project title: Project Photo...? (I'm still getting everything together)
Project description: I will be making an album, a blog, and a slideshow to display my work. For the company, I will be getting all of their contacts, and organizing them on the computer.

Project schedule: This is still being worked out. It's not exactly as schedule, more as an overview. The second week of internship is mostly dedicated to learning photography, the third week is mostly for business, and the fourth week is tieing them all together and putting the final touches on what I've done.

Materials & Equipment needed: Lightroom, a camera, Excel, Booksmart, and a slideshow program. The slideshow program is madfe for Mac's and I'm not sure what it's called.

Project documentation: How will you keep track of your work? How will others know about it? What will you have to show when internship is over? Please note that some internship projects cannot be fully documented for legal reasons or because of organizational regulations (i.e., if you are working on an ongoing case at a law firm or working on a project that will receive a patent, etc.):
I've been keeping a seperate blog of what I've been doing, as one result, all of the pictures I've been taking will be displayed in a variety of ways, and I guess I can print out the contact system.

This post is for 1/13/10
Today was mostly independent work. I needed to get ahead of the game, so I could focus more on the final products of this internship. We went over the new pictures I took. These pictures focused on depth of field. These turned out a lot better than my first assignment. But now I am being asked to spend even more time taking pictures. So, I will be focusing and taking pictures of one subject for at least 30 minutes. The lesson to learn here is to take even MORE pictures. The term "break your shutter" comes to mind. I think my interns really want me to break my first camera shutter. I kind of want to as well, because it's sort of like an initiation into the photography world, somehow.
Using the feedback he gave me, he wants me to work on depth of field using a chess board. I also will have to read more. I have tons of materials to read, such as a Lightroom book, an Exposure book, my camera manual, I will also be watching Adobe Lightroom tutorials, and have a packet to read too.
I have to stay really focused in order to get ahead of the game, but I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment