Thursday, January 28, 2010

Internship #12

Post a portrait of your mentor.

Betsy McCue
Photographer and Photo-editor
La Vida Creations.
When Betsy went to college, she had an interest in architecture. She thought this would be her job. However, she came to realize that her interest was not in actually building, but simply in the art of architecture. She loves symitry, and the beauty of buildings. So she often incorporates this into her pictures. Graphic design is still her main focus. She is a very happy person, and she was a little shy in the past, but now she just shines, and talks to everyone she can.
What was your college experiance like?
I LOVE College! College is really where I developed my creative side and sense of self. We didn't have a photography major, but I was still photographing the world as a hobby. I learned to think critically about the world in my exploration of who I was and where I wanted to go. I came in as an architecture major and left with a communications degree. I learned to handle all aspects of the creative industry I chose to be a part of: graphic design. I wrote and designed. Photography was still a hobby. We started our business 6 years ago.
What did you think you were going to be while studying in college?
Photography is my second career. I was a graphic designer for years. However, I also think that my graphic design sense of style and aesthetic has most definitely influenced my photography style.
What inspires you?
Other photographers, our friends and family, and clients. We find great inspiration in the people who surround us and get excited about the way we see the world. Travel also plays a great role in inspiring us as well. It's ALWAYS good to go out capture the world and our experiences in a new light!

No comments:

Post a Comment