Friday, January 8, 2010

Internship #2

What have you actively done to start off on the right note?:
I've stayed focused on what I'm supposed to be doing, and have made sure to write notes and do the assignments they've given me using my effort. I've also been reading the resources they've asked me to, and am starting to understand exposure.

What have you actively done to create interesting opportunities for yourself?
I've been open to trying new things while at internship, and asked questions about their past, how they established their business, and asked some of the things they learned along the way. Beyond that, I have gained resources into the world of Photo-journalism, and have been emailing with that person. We plan to talk together some time in Febuary.

What have you actively done to advance the interests of your mentor and/or site?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this question.

What can you do in the immediate future to improve yourself and your experience in the above areas?
I can try to break out of my shell more, and push myself to be more like my mentors. It's a hard task, but neccisary. I can also make sure to practice what they teach me each day, and help them with whatever I can by accepting any oppertunities they offer me.

So, Friday, being my second day of internship, was pretty simaler to the first, except instead of talking about what we were going to do, we started. Jeff looked over the picture I took of the alphabet (it was an assignment) and gave me feed back on what would make these pictures look better. I'm not going to lie, they were pretty lame, but that's mostly because I could only take pictures around my house when I had the chance to. So we decided that it'd be cooler if I would explore around San Diego, using the feed back he gave me, to make even better pictures.
I also started making my business plan. I'm currently working on the executive summary. There are a lot of sections I'll have to write!
We went out on our first photoshoot on Saturday (because we know that if I want to have a good final product, I have to start as soon as possible), and went around University Heights. We took pictures between 10:30am--2:00pm. Apparently, that's the worst time of day to take pictures, since that's when the sun is heighest in the sky, and it's hard to get good lighting when the light is so bright. My pictures came out really well, though. They taught me how to work on Av mode (which is Aperture Value/Aperture Priority mode). This setting allows me to control how in focus the picture is. And finally, I started to leanr about how Lightroom works.

No comments:

Post a Comment