Tuesday, September 8, 2009

American Icon Soarces (Blog #3)

Dr. Seuss
http://www.seussville.com/main.php?section=home&isbn=&catalogID=&eventID= (Online Bio)
This soarce is on his official site, and it has a lot of information about him overall. For instance, it talks about what he did (from books to political cartoons), and it also talks about what he did in his early years, which is also interesting because I don't know much about him from way back then.

The Sneeches (A book Of His)
The Sneeches is a good example of one of his books that has a bigger message than regular story books. It's basically symbolzing prejudices of every kind, and how it's completely pointless and ridiculous. It's a really sweet book all together, and it will be a good sample of his symbolistic works.

Dr. Seuss Goes To War; The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel by Richard H. Minear (Political Cartoons)
This book I think has all of Dr. Seuss's political cartoons, and really gives you a look at his style and thoughts on happenings in World War II. There are plenty of examples of his humor in this.

Martin Luther King Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk (Video/ Voice recording of Martin Luther King Jr. Giving his speech "I Have a Dream")
I remember reading this speech back in the 2nd grade. I didn't fully understand it all back then, but it always had a strong effect on me. To this day, this speech moves me to an extent that always surprises me.

http://www.martinlutherkingjrarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=91357387_clean&firstvisit=true&src=search&currentResult=4&currentPage=0 (News Paper Article on Martin Luther King Jr. winning Nobel Peace Prize )
This newspaper article reports on one of his many successes, and I just think it's really interesting to see how people first reacted to Martin Luther King Jr. Back when his ways of thinking were new, but they're still amazing to this day.

http://www.thekingcenter.org/DrMLKingJr/ (Online Biography from The King Center Website)
This site has a bit of background information to help get me started with researching him. It wasn't so overwhelming to read, but I felt I needed more afterward, so, I went to this site:

http://www.biography.com/articles/Martin-Luther-King-Jr.-9365086 (Really long online biography)
This site was a longer, more detailed version of a biogrophy of Martin Luther King Jr. This biography is really long, but if you just glance through it, there was plenty of good information.

No comments:

Post a Comment