Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blog #6

Choose one character from The Grapes of Wrath and list four important quotes said by or written by this character. Explain what you believe these quotes reveal about the character.

Jim Casy
"I was a preacher...Got a lot of sinful idears--but they seem sensible" Well, this quote basically tells us that he was a preacher. Very important to his character. Also, it shows that he uses logic.

"I'd take one of them girls out in the grass, an' I'd lay with her." Basically, he got around with the girls he preached to and baptized. This is what got him questioning his beliefs.

Casy looked shyly at him. "If it hits you wrong, don't take no offense at it, will you?" This shows that he's cautious and polite, as many religeous people tend to be (at least in what I've noticed).

I might do a character sketch of Tom Joad instead, but I'm still deciding. It'll probably be Casy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment