Monday, December 14, 2009

Semester Reflection

1. Discuss your overall strengths and specific positive experiences in Humanities in the 2009 fall semester:
I suppose my greatest strength was getting things done all together, though the methods could have been more efficient when it comes to time. Reading and annotating our assigned books was a strength of mine as well since I had so many thoughts on most subjects in the book, and it actually made writing the essay easier later.

2. Discuss specific experiences from humanities in the fall 2009 semester that motivate you to improve in the spring 2010 semester:
My essays could have been better, and I could have studied harder for our quizzes. I realized this through the grades I got, and just looking back on them. Time management can be improved so that I spend more time getting help and working on my assignments.

3. Discuss how you used blogging as a productive space to work with ideas, develop high quality work, share work, etc.:
Blogging gave me a lot more writing experience, and it was a good way to let out all of my thoughts. By doing this, while writing essays, my thoughts were a bit more organized on the first draft than they usually were.

4. Describe the progress you have made as a writer this semester—remember to include specific details.
I’ve learned a lot more valuable writing techniques such as The Loop, and activating my verbs. I’ve also become more aware of the punctuation I use and how it affects the flow of my writing, but I still have a lot to work on in these areas.

5. Describe your experiences reading throughout this semester—remember to include specific details.
I read books that I never thought I would have been interested, and realized that I actually enjoy reading them more than I expected. Annotating books is sort of natural for me, though I never did it before because I didn’t think I was allowed to. So when I look back on the books, I can find my favorite quotes and such much quicker. I’m also more interested in reading more books like The Great Gatsby and The Outsiders. Narrative-nonfiction has also become an interest of mine. I had never seen or even heard of it before, and now I’d actually like to write something using it.

6. Discuss what you are looking forward to, what you hope to accomplish and/or your goals in the second semester of Humanities:
I hope to improve my writing so that it is more organized in The Loop, and overall thought process. I’d also like to go through more drafts for my writings and hopefully remember to go into office hours and such to get more critiques. I am also going to try to write better and neater notes when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment