Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blog # 25

MSB projects must go beyond the walls of HTHMA. You have two basic choices: enter a contest or have a professional organization exhibit your work.

If you are entering a contest:
1. Post a link to the contest
http://www.oceanconservancy.org/site/PageServer?pagename=photoContest

2. Summarize the basic requirements including entry fees, contest deadlines, permission forms, file sizes, and other requirements.
My picture(s) [5 at the most] have to be sent in by mail and recieved by January 31st, 2010.
Entry format/eligibility. The pictures have to be on a photo CD (photos must be a 6" x 9" scan at 300dpi in a jpeg or tiff format): Photos must not be digitally altered outside of what can be done in a darkroom to be considered. Lo resolution will not be considered (these were the exact words of the site). Each picture has to be labeled with a name, my name, date and location of subject. I also have to fill out and send in an entry form.

3. Evaluate your work against their requirements. Will your work be accepted?:
My work will be accepted if I don't send in my edited pictures. If I send in my raw pictures, and just crop them, it will be fine. Or do I have to send in exact copies of my final products?

No comments:

Post a Comment