Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blog 19




1. What is the most successful element of this work sample? Why do you believe this?
The most successful element of this work would be it's way of using lighting to make the entire picture look really nice. I believe this because it doesn't seem to be easy to make a rusty beach trashcan look so appealing to the eye.

2. What is the message of the work? How do you know?
I can't really tell what the message is of thsi work. The trashcan is empty, but the beach is also clean. But I know it would be fairly easy to write a caption on this picture.

3. Who or what is the intended audience for this work? How do you know?
My guess is that the intended audiance was people who go to the beach, because the setting is clearly the beach. It's hard for me to annalyze this photo since it's pretty empty.

4. How do specific elements of the work sample come together to deliver the message?:
I can't really say what the message is, but the lighting, sharpness, and color scheme really keeps my attention and keeps me pondering.

5. Describe one technique the creator of this work used. Why do you think this technique was used for this specific piece of work?
Lighting. I think he used it because it makes the entire piece look better, and hold your attention. It holds my attention because when I see a beach trashcan, it looks far from eye catching or appealing like the one depicted above. Perhaps beauty can be found anywhere.

6. Why did you choose this work sample?
I chose this work sample because it inspires me to put a lot of effort into the timing of my pictures, so I'm conscious of what I'm trying to say, and what I want people to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment